Close

Re: What is BMW doing?

Postby holtag » October 12th, 2016, 12:38 am

holtag
step four
step four

Damn, that BMW concept is so heavy and static, visually. I can see how the shape was developed based on heritage, but the overall aesthetics don't seem to fit motorcycles very well to me. It's neither going for straight line power or flickable city/canyon riding. Nope, with respect, but I'm not feeling it.

Postby Leo_Rivera » October 16th, 2016, 9:52 pm

Leo_Rivera

Self balancing motorcycle, huh... Sounds safe but how is it gonna ride though? Nice idea either way, BMW got my vote! We're this closer to having a tron bike.

Postby Stephanie_L_Diaz_Llorens » November 9th, 2016, 5:30 pm

Stephanie_L_Diaz_Llorens

ralphzoontjens wrote:As a far future concept, I can see something like this happening.
And I think it's great that BMW focuses more and more on the human interaction/interface aspects of the car since these are so closely related to the driving experience.
In the future, I also see the value of electric cars that become taller and short in the city, and flatter and longer on the highway. They could adapt to all kinds of conditions and to the amount of people inside. So I see shape transformation also happening on a larger scale plus in a more abstract sense, the mode of transport with a car can transform not just towards autonomous driving but more towards that of public transportation as well with multiple cars linking up, displaying swarm behavior or chained like a train.

I agree. Now the car are not only for transportation but also for commodity. I think this concept is already futuristic but there is a lot that there is yet to be implemented.

Previous

Return to transportation