Close

RIP Land Rover Defender

Postby NURB » January 28th, 2016, 11:16 pm

NURB

Easily their finest product. I cringe every time I see a Range Rover Sport roll up to Whole Foods.

British icon Land Rover ends production - CNN.com - www.cnn.com
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/28/autos/lan ... index.html
Chris Haar

twitter:@chrishaar

Those who define design as knowing how to use Illustrator will be condemned to using Illustrator their entire career. - @monteiro

Re: RIP Land Rover Defender

Postby KenoLeon » January 28th, 2016, 11:53 pm

KenoLeon
full self-realization
full self-realization

I almost got ran over by my neighbors defender some months back, even though I wasn't particularly happy ( I was driving my bicycle on my lane ), he was pulling outside of his garage like a madman, some part of me thought, well it would be a better way to go than with some random Corolla.

Finest is a relative term I suppose, Land Rover/Jaguar sales have been up the last 6 yrs with discovery sport and evoque leading the latest sales numbers. Personally I like both stylings and I am hoping they go forth with the defender re-design, maybe not the one they were showing a few years back though.
Eugenio (Keno) Leon
k3no.com Linkedin Instagram

"Go where you are celebrated, not merely tolerated"

Re: RIP Land Rover Defender

Postby WSMI » January 29th, 2016, 9:38 am

WSMI
step one
step one

There's a Top Gear episode from the last season where they do a farewell to the Defender. At the end they mention it's coming back, though no mention of what form. So to quote from another British 'product' "Not dead yet"?

And as it links Top Gear, Range Rover and the Core discussion topic of Entertainers becoming Head Creative Officers for companies. There's a Top Gear segment where Capt Slow reviews of the Evoque, 'designed' by Victoria Beckham. He liked it and his line "Well done misses Beckham" has entered my rating/review/design lexicon.

Return to transportation