Whatcha ridin'?

I’ve had my eye on the Linus bikes. I wouldn’t do a fixed but probably a single speed. I have one hill to get into town…

Anybody have any opinions about Tokyobike?

Cool bike. Not too terrible of a price. Long wheelbase, meant for plooting around town with comfort, not speed. I like it.

Although the 650C wheels are an odd choice. They want a smaller wheel, fine. But 650C is traditionally used for tri or time trial bikes. And your tire choices will reflect that, they will be narrow, hard and not for comfort. For city riding I recommend a minimum of a 28mm tire and ideally a 32mm. This bike comes with a 25mm tire. Less air to adsorb city road potholes and such. If they wanted a smaller wheel (700C is on most bikes out there), I would have gone with a 650B. Slightly larger than the 650C but a wheel traditionally for touring/randonneuring which translates well for city riding and great tire choices.

It looks like there may be enough clearance to swap to 650B but then you have the added expense of wheels and different fenders. I would also be sure to ask a dealer if there is clearance for the 650B,

I was looking at the propel-series for such a long while, before getting my current bianchi oltre.
Heard nothing but great testimonials of it, but please do share your experience!

My whip:
The jury is still out on if can afford new wheels or not this summer.

Wow! The Oltre is sweet. I looked at that one too but thought it was a little too pricy for me.

Sure thing, I’ll report back once I had my first more serious ride.

Seconding Shinola (for the money)
Adding Handsome as another option. www.handsomecycles.com

Hello,

This is my first post here so allow me to introduce myself. My name is Aniruddha Gupte and I’m a Masters Candidate in Industrial Design at The Designskolen Kolding, Denmark. I’m also currently an Intern in a small ID studio called VE2 in Aarhus.

I originally hail from Mumbai, India and I’ve previously completed a diploma in Product Design in Bangalore.
I’m a rather slow learner and have a long, long way to go as a designer, so much so that I’m still a bit intimidated to post my work here after a year of silent stalking. So let me start with something I’m familiar with. I’ll move to doodles soon and then hopefully grow a pair and share some projects for critique.

I got this Frankenstein bike second-hand in Aarhus to ride to work. I have no idea what make the frame is. The components are a combination of old Campagnolo and budget Shimano. The drop bar and downtube shifters were replaced by the last owner.

-Cheers,
Ani

I only have one (I know, I know: the pain! the suffering!), so it has to fill the role of commuter, weekend destroyer and errand-runner. I love me some 26" wheels and a frame that I can throw around, bunny hop with, and abuse without worry. I’ve had this for about a year, and really like it: Airborne Lucky Strike w city commuter changes: skinny pavement tires, narrow, low bars, fenders, solid fork and hardtail ('natch). Fun bike, handles killah, climbs well, great brakes (stoppies at will)! Between commuting and weekend rides I do about 90 miles a week.

Compass is going to have 26" fat pavement tires in July/August.

Not very interesting, but works well for me. I use this to commute to work when I dont have a 12 hour day. I use a Revelate Viscacha saddle bag to pack clothes and lunch for the day. Looks odd, but carries what I need without having to modify the bike or worry about the carbon. Please ignore the bottle cages, those were just temporary.

Heres my ride before I put some new Ksyrium wheels on

those tubes are sweet.

iab:

great tip: janheine
and local, too.
sweetness.

BTW: incredible garage o’ rides you got there; beautiful metal and mechanisms

thanks!

BMX Cruiser…Representin’

A trusty Surly CrossCheck (seen here chilling at the beach after 350km under the sun) :smiley:

Small intermezzo for you bike fanatics, not sure where else to post it. :slight_smile:
http://veryspecialthings.specialized.com/2015/03/03/operation-flying-pig-2/

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I finally had the time to get my old school Carbon Look KG381Team project on the road.

Little bit of a commuter/race frankenstein now with mixing and matching MTB and road parts.
I am especially attached to the XTR brake levers. I have always thought that the old XTR was the coolest in terms of design language and CMF.

Killer commuter Bengt! You got me looking for a frame now, this could look cool with the right rack set up (I know maybe a bit crazy with the frame) :wink:

Finally got the right road rig ready.

The red Giant Propel I posted in the first post didn’t work out due to sizing so I switched to the Advanced 0.
Main difference, it has Shimano Ultegra Di2 electronic shifting which is one of those things you never knew you needed :wink:
A total luxury but I got the bike 25% off which made the Di2 almost free, as it is the 2015 line up.

It’s an amazing machine and can recommend this one to anyone looking for a great value Aero bike.

Ps. Not that it makes you faster but I also like the CMF on this guy a lot more than the red one.