The Official Hubless Wheel hater thread.

He should do a bicycle hubless wheel that can also tell the time.

I think I would have that thing broken in 4 hours.

Never underestimate the power of an absurd aesthetic vision. I mean, look at the story of the Sydney Opera House. :wink:

The music in that kickstarter video is hilariously overly epic, straight from Tron/Hans Zimmer.

I kind of like this one though:
https://instagram.com/p/BMxDlCUhuNX/

That looks especially weak from a structural point of view.

In the Playhaus’ defense its not trying to redefine cycling, it just goes straight down a nice suburban road.

hub less wheels + Rolls Royce aircraft engine =

makes me want to start a Fenderless haters thread, it’s hard to watch, I just keep waiting for his shirt to get caught in that rear tire.
Beautiful Bike and concept.

I’m already feeling lumbar pains from seeing that riding position…

There doesn’t seem to be any suspension either?

As always. This is the perfect response.
Jeff-Goldblum-GIF.gif

:laughing:

Ok we can make fun of that bike forever but for now, how about finding a neat problem that a hubless could tackle? Or better stick to the current bullying wave? [emoji12]

The front and back both have airbags if you look at the portions where they are assembling in the shop.

ah, thanks :slight_smile:

1. it has a motor - this thread originally started to shame bicycles
  2. its rideable
  3. designer doesn’t purport to be changing the world, charging electric buses with his pedal power, etc. just steezin’ and having fun

Hey, on one hand it is awesome. I think we were just having a bit of fun with it from my view… and getting him more youtube views :slight_smile:

Can we call it “healthy trolling”? For sure got some more YT views and, any crit is more than welcome, right?

Slippyfish is right though. We should be more considerate, self included. I more posted it because it had hub less wheels and it made me thing of this thread… the shirt hitting the tire comment though literally made me cringe.

Shirt in the tire would be GAME OVER MAN. Would make a treadmill accident look tame by comparison.