Car design of the decade

Hmm…tough one. Lot’s of criteria to base 10 years of design on but I’m going for long standing industry influence rather than just pure design influence, since there were a lot of highly influential cars on the design world, but I don’t want to call out Chris Bangle’s 7 series for causing every car to get a frumpy trunk lid.

Beginning of time - VW Beetle - Benchmark of utility and timelessness
50’s - Mercedes 300SL - Benchmark for performance, German engineering and design
60’s - Ford Mustang/BMW 02/911 - I’m divided here in terms of importance since this decade was probably the peak of automotive design and innovation.
70’s - Honda Civic - The first compact car to define the segment for arguably the next 40 years.
80’s - Audi Quattro - The car that gave us all boners for AWD, turbo chargers, and bulging fender flares.
90’s - Dodge Viper - A car so brilliantly insane and ready to kill you they didn’t need to give it a roof or windows until years later and people still bought it.
00’s - Toyota Prius - Technically came out in the 90’s but it wasn’t until the early 2K’s that we realized we all need to save the planet.
10’s - Tesla Model S - When we realized our Prius’s weren’t good enough.