Transportation Design Help

Postby Matthew_heller » January 30th, 2013, 12:38 am

Matthew_heller

First off this is my first post so hopefully it is in the correct forum. My question is would any one be willing to basically set up their own course to teach me about automotive design? Like how to design cars, conceptualizing them, and learn ways to innovate new designs?

Background info: Currently I am studying graphic design at a local college, but would like to master in transportation design at CCS. To apply for it though my portfolio has to contain transportation designs. So I was wondering if anyone would be willing to design their own course on guiding me on how to. I am a experienced artist and have done research myself on automotive design, but would feel better if a professional guided me. I can pay a reasonable amount as well. Thank you for any help in advance.

Re: Transportation Design Help

Postby Mr-914 » January 30th, 2013, 10:00 am

Mr-914

Do a Google search for car rendering. Sketch as much as you can, especially existing designs.

99% of getting this portfolio together is your own internal drive. With or without a mentor, you will learn by making 10,000 mistakes and horrible drawings. With your background, you will recognize them and be able to avoid them again.

Good luck!
Ray Jepson

"L'homme n'est rien. L'œuvre c'est tout." Gustave Flaubert

Postby Lmo » February 3rd, 2013, 2:59 pm

Lmo

Do a Google search for car rendering.

Or take a few minutes, hours, days, weeks and spend it > viewforum.php?f=27

And for a "historical" look at how design work is developed, see > viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3520

And lest we forget our friend, yo, see > Tutorials
Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

Postby yo » February 3rd, 2013, 3:46 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

I should do another 5 minute sketch vid.

Postby Lmo » February 3rd, 2013, 6:00 pm

Lmo

Your "Verithin & Marker" tutorial is my fav; it has a nice old's cool feel to it, and doesn't require electricity to do. Image
Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

Return to transportation

©2014 Core77, Inc. All rights reserved
about | contact us | advertise | mailing list