Re: LA Design Challenge, Highway Patrol

Postby wallflower » November 28th, 2012, 12:08 pm

wallflower
step four
step four

My favourite was the Merc too. I liked the fact that it's styling could feed into the next generation M-class or G-wagon. To me it looks like the best of 90's surfacing mixed with a dash of todays more modern details. For me the M-class vehichles so far have been a bit disappointing style wise. Plus the automated drone tech future that is fast heading our way looks like a bit of an authoritarian nightmare I reckon!

Postby 1johnsy » November 28th, 2012, 3:33 pm

1johnsy

Ok my 2 cents. the BMW is laughable every trans design student has drawn that vehicle at least once in there day. If I had to choose I may lean toward the GM group as far as feasibility but in reality they all these are making the cops jobs harder and traffic more congested. Each proposal even the drones seem longer and bigger than what is being used now. Also 'Fire Drone' or automated response vehicles? really? why would they need a drone to meet them at a fire. it does not seem to serve much purpose but to take up space. I have lived in LA for a little over a year now and the cops seem to be able to catch me fairly easily :roll: on my bike or in my car.

I must be getting old... I like to design with innovation and function not just style these days :wink:

Postby Lmo » November 28th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Lmo

Just an observation... when I think of Police cruiser, I don't think of some black & white painted Bug Veyron, or a SMART car in police livery.

I think INTIMIDATION. I want to believe that when the heat shows up the bad guys are apt to split . I want the very appearance to that grille in the rear view mirror to subjugate that twenty-something, hormone saturated, motorhead to think twice about passing on the shoulder. I want to know that the LEO has ALL the kit s/he needs to deal with everything from fully immolated 18-wheeler to a preggo ready to pop. It isn't any of these machines....

Of course, it's all relevant to age.

When I was 17 it was one of these.

Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

Postby sanjy009 » November 29th, 2012, 6:18 am

sanjy009
full self-realization
full self-realization

"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas."

Postby NURB » November 29th, 2012, 8:07 am

NURB

Fix the cigarette lighter...
Chris Haar

twitter:@chrishaar

Those who define design as knowing how to use Illustrator will be condemned to using Illustrator their entire career. - @monteiro

Postby Mr-914 » November 29th, 2012, 8:26 am

Mr-914

I like cops like this:

Maybe who drive something sensible, like this:

Ray Jepson

"Our inventions are wont to be pretty toys, which distract our attention from serious things. They are but improved means to an unimproved end, an end which it was already but too easy to arrive at...." Thoreau

Postby J6Studios » November 29th, 2012, 10:17 am

J6Studios
step four
step four

Most of those designs are more movie based. For real-life applications, they almost all fail.

If you've ever driven in LA you know you would need a hover car!! Duh!

Postby carton » November 30th, 2012, 11:00 pm

carton
full self-realization
full self-realization

Not for the highway, but demanding respect...

Just some guy, trying to figure it out too.

Previous

Return to transportation

©2014 Core77, Inc. All rights reserved
about | contact us | advertise | mailing list