Top Gear theme song

Postby PackageID » November 15th, 2012, 9:41 pm

PackageID

So I know I am a late bloomer, but I have become obsessed with Top Gear lately (British version). I am also from the southern US and have a keen interest in southern rock and folk music. You may ask how these two are related.......I have noticed that the Top Gear theme song is "Jessica" by the Almand Brothers. I find this quite hilarious and weird at the same time. A show that is about some crazy brits driving some amazing cars, while making fun of the US quite often, have a theme song written by one of the best redneck hippy bands of all time.

Just a bit ironic to me.

J
-Justin Coble-
http://coroflot.com/jcoble

"Never let the same dog bite you twice" -Chuck Berry-

Re: Top Gear theme song

Postby Lmo » November 16th, 2012, 9:40 pm

Lmo

Brit, or otherwise, they are after all, 70's vintage Motorheads., and the ABB was the consummate rock band of the era. S e x, Drugs, and Rockin'roll!

Or, maybe it has something to do with both Duane Allmand and Berry Oakley (bassist) being killed in motorcycle accidents within months of each other .... Image

Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

Postby NURB » November 16th, 2012, 11:18 pm

NURB

I'd say Clarkson has quite a bit in common with Southern Americans.
Chris Haar

twitter:@chrishaar

Those who define design as knowing how to use Illustrator will be condemned to using Illustrator their entire career. - @Mike_FTW

Postby yo » November 17th, 2012, 2:02 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

totally addictive show. I was late to it as well, a couple of years ago. Awesome to just watch 15 episodes in a row on a sick day ;-)

Postby experiMental » November 18th, 2012, 6:00 pm

experiMental
step four
step four

NURB wrote:I'd say Clarkson has quite a bit in common with Southern Americans.

Clarkson is a Southern American through and through, only with a British accent and an upper-middle-class upbringing. He writes columns for Sunday times, which are really like something that a tough guy from Southern States would say. Great guy overall

Return to transportation

©2014 Core77, Inc. All rights reserved
about | contact us | advertise | mailing list