Marumado Lamp - Ring Joint Desk Lamp

the size relationship between the head, arm and base is off.

Yes.

Tube bent interior objects are incredibly passé, but I like the simplicity and elegance of the chair you are starting out with.
That having said, I don’t see much of that lightweight elegance back in your design. And you are not respecting the circle as much by splitting it into two smaller circles as well as breaking each circle up into two materials and sizes. The circle is a much more fundamental part of that chair’s visuospatial design than it is of your design. Can you find a way to show more of the circle, perhaps it can fork around the plastic pieces.

I do understand the implementation of OLEDs to conjoin with the idea of a lightweight design in line with a friction-based hinge. Can you explore more to bring out the qualities of the OLED panel?

Nevertheless, I don’t find the idea of a friction based joint very elegant at all. The functionality of the joint is all in the materiality and you have to start early researching this and generating a proof-of-concept to show your concept is even viable.
Which materials are you going to use and how much momentum can they bear based on their static and dynamic friction properties? Also you have to take into account manufacturing tolerances and variations in thermal expansion between the metal and the plastic. A silicone insert piece will be a good solution to ensure a minimum amount of static friction, can you find other means to ensure consistent functionality?

I like the power button, very simplistic. Why red?