The Aviator - A gentlemans weekender

Hello,

I thought I would share a recent project I just finished that’s currently on Kickstarter. The bag is named the Aviator and it’s a modern men’s weekender bag. I wanted to create something better than ugly rollers and typical duffels. The size is really perfect for 2-3 day trip. The design was heavily influenced by vintage military bags and flight gear. It has lots of unique lifestyle features as well as really distinctive details and quality materials. A huge focus was constructing the bag and picking materials so that it would have lasting value and ideally could be something passed down.

http://bit.ly/Aviator-bag

Hope you like, any feedback is welcome. The Kickstarter page has more background on the design as well as details and specs, and our site has additional development content.

Best,

Colin

That is a nice bag, I love how it is meant to last for life.
It would be great to see some design variations and customization options.
Are you using recycled airplane seatbelt?

Hi,

Thanks. So I used nylon handles for durability. I did source military grade parachute clips with a black phosphate finish for the shoulder strap.

Some of the inspiration was the flight gear of the of WW2 so bringing details like the clips felt really appropriate. Also durability wise you cannot beat military grade steel clips. Some detail shots.

Best,

Colin