2 Player Arcade Machine by GMAY3 Design

Thanks Leo_Rivera! Great question!

During the build, one of the biggest challenges was actually screwing all the panels together. I went into the build knowing that I didn’t want to have any exposed screws on the outside so every panel was held together with square dowels and screws on the inside. Having a long screw driver extension bit was a huge help here because there were some tight corners to get into towards the end of assembly! You can see some of this joinery on page 10.

Another challenge was how to mount the monitor. Front the front I decided that I wanted to keep the monitor bezel on instead of removing it. That meant I needed to paint the bezel white to match the wood when looking at the display from the side. I decided to take the bezel off temporarily to make sure I didn’t get any paint on the screen and that ended up working. To mount the monitor I measured blocks of 2x4 that were the same depth as the monitor, then glued these blocks to the wood panel in a pattern around the monitor and screwed a piece of plywood into those blocks which covered over the back of the monitor and held it in place very firmly. You can see this arrangement of 2x4 pieces before the plywood tabs were screwed in place on page 10 in the bottom left and also towards the top.