Close

Sabbatical project V2.

Postby KenoLeon » October 12th, 2014, 8:51 pm

KenoLeon
full self-realization
full self-realization

Hi Core77:

About 3 months ago I posted about my sabbatical year project both here and in other forums and got a lot of useful feedback.
I took this time to address the sticking points thanks to some last minute friends and family funding, and now that it's done I would like to share it again with you.

The project is a simple online bookmark manager that allows you to visit and store sites from any device, check it if you are into that sort of thing:

http://www.commonstash.com

The new minimal flat version:

CScore77.png

So far folks seem to really like this new version, I wish I could tell you I had epiphanies left and right and that I discovered a new work methodology that will upend the design ethos for generations to come, instead this is what happened:

1.- Failed, got really depressed, assumed the fetal position for a few days, dusted myself up.
2.-Read "The Lean Startup" and cried.
3.- Went over 100 testimonials and read them like they were tea leaves.
4.- Stripped down everything to the bare minimum.

I am still not sure if I have a product yet I can turn into a business, but if there is sustained interest that will be the next step, getting to this point as fast and economically while reducing waste is the biggest takeaway so far.

Thanks.

P.s. Especial thanks to "yo", he manged to articulate in very few words and a picture what most users wanted.
Eugenio (Keno) Leon
k3no.com Linkedin Instagram

"Go where you are celebrated, not merely tolerated"

Re: Sabbatical project V2.

Postby sketchroll » October 12th, 2014, 9:26 pm

sketchroll
step four
step four

This looks 100x better than before.
Good job at taking the feedback and reworking it!
My current setup: Core i7 4790 + 16gb ram + 250gb SSD + Windows 8.1 + Adobe Photoshop CC + Yiynova MSP19u

Return to projects