Flashbacks! post your old projects

Nice Mike.

Here is another deep flashback. 1998! This was my final project in design school. Sponsored by Nissan. It was supposed to be a minivan alternative for Gen X families. No sliding rear doors (instead b-pillar-less suicide doors), lots of headroom (a very tall design) no third row (decreasing average amount of children per family), an integrated roof rack (assuming that Gen X’ers would not want to give up hobbies like snowboarding and mountain biking as they aged into parenthood), and exposed colored rubber bumpers and a tight overall length (assuming gen X’ers would continue to want to live in urban areas and need to street park and bump other parked cars a bit, if you ever lived in Boston or SF you know what I mean).

This was a 1/4 scale clay model. Looking back on it, to was ok. Not the greatest. Was comfortably in line with styling trends that were about to break (this was right before the first generation Ford Focus came out). i still like the crisp line that flows out of the vertical A-pillar and the gently fades into the large headlamps. I was totally infatuated with vertical A-pillars then. C-pillar had a huge blind spot to get that rear window the blended into the roof rack. This was before digital photography (damn I feel old) and even though I had a 35mm SLA camera, clearly I could not take a portfolio photo to save my life then. Would I hire me? Hard to say. :wink:
67242_9BPm2yxsu137pjoI5hpkasX6E.jpg