DAAP Chair Summer 2012 - Done

Hey everyone,

Been m.i.a. working on thesis/job search etc. non stop, but finally finished the re-upholstery a couple weeks back.

Took some process shots this time around, I ended up using a heavy interfacing which is heat bonded to the back of the felt, this provides a lot more rigidity to the cushions and prevents the cushions from stretching and deforming over time

The quilting effect is created by sandwiching 2 layers of polyester batting between 2 layers of felt

I used little leather straps to secure the cushions. In hindsight this was a poor solution as it’s really hard to get them into the loops of the metal back. I think if I ever change it I would instead use 2 large belts instead of 4 little snaps

The trickiest part was getting the cushions into the cushion, luckily after some googling I found a cool trick where you put your cushions into a garbage bag and vacuum out the air then once it’s inside your cushion you can just tear away the bag.

Anyways thanks again for all the feedback during the process. Was a great learning process.