Close

[Pablo]-Fiveyes SoundBox

Postby Pablo.Jiang » November 18th, 2004, 10:28 am

Pablo.Jiang

This is my second soundbox design project. Welcome advice!
Last edited by Pablo.Jiang on November 18th, 2004, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice, but

Postby artur83 » November 18th, 2004, 12:17 pm

artur83
step three
step three

Looks really good.
Illustrator, right?
The shadow under the right-most speaker is 'incorrect' and badly affects the image as a whole.
Instead of using a radial gradient Black to white, could you use a black circle and a transparent radial gradial?

So when the 2 shadows meet it will re-inforce the shadows, rather than 'spotlight' one over the other.

Sorry for the lack of a better description.

Postby Pablo.Jiang » November 18th, 2004, 12:48 pm

Pablo.Jiang

ye,It`s rendering by Illustrator.I know what The shadow is incorrect,because shadow affects drawing by "Blend" tool,so I can not perfet drawing it when two shadows acrossing.

Postby ykh » November 19th, 2004, 8:54 am

ykh
full self-realization
full self-realization

have been wondering about this. speaker face is domed. is it plastic cone? looks solid. unmovable. how does that work? if its formed metal grill why not illustrate grill pattern? confused by that.

what is the little mouse thing? thought maybe wireless receiver. if it is why not integrate into woofer? main housing has plenty of room. and interface tech is small.

i like satellite speakers. but how do you manufacture them? assemble them? i see no part lines.

like your illustrations. wish you posted simple idea sketches to show development.

Postby copyboy » November 19th, 2004, 10:05 am

copyboy
step four
step four

At a glance, it looks very nice, clean & simle (good). but after close examination, the shadows need help, shadow makes the subwoofer look like it's up against a wall. You have a good control of the form though, very readable. Do you know any 3-D programs yet? I've never been a fan of the illustrator rendering, and a form like this would only take about an hour and a half to complete. Then you would have as many views as you want. Keep up the good work.

Postby Pablo.Jiang » November 20th, 2004, 2:39 am

Pablo.Jiang

2 ykh:the speakers face is lacunaris,It`s plastic grill pattern and movable."The little mouse"is Vol. controller.It`s more convenient。
By the way.because It` s not designed for production,so I do not think about manufacture process.

2 copyboy:I just learn a bit of Rhino,so I only rendering by Illustrator.

Postby ykh » November 20th, 2004, 9:06 am

ykh
full self-realization
full self-realization

"2 ykh:the speakers face is lacunaris,It`s plastic grill pattern and movable."The little mouse"is Vol. controller.It`s more convenient。
By the way.because It` s not designed for production,so I do not think about manufacture process."

lacunaris? never heard of that. google hunt returns nothing. link to information on this? thank you.

would like to see more detailing on volume controller.

not production? fair enough.

Postby Pablo.Jiang » November 20th, 2004, 10:16 am

Pablo.Jiang

ykh wrote:lacunaris? never heard of that. google hunt returns nothing. link to information on this? thank you.

would like to see more detailing on volume controller.

not production? fair enough.

I`m very sorry for my poor english, :oops:

"lacunaris" just means like this pic.I hope you can understand my means.
I can`t see more detailing the volume controller to you,because it is just spent ten minute to design and not 3D model.

This Soundbox is designed for a design competition,it`s not production,so I can`t consider the process.

Postby ykh » November 21st, 2004, 9:08 am

ykh
full self-realization
full self-realization

wish first image showed grills. looks much better i think. for which competition is this?

("lucanaris" - Mandarin? Cantonese?....)

Postby Pablo.Jiang » November 22nd, 2004, 11:47 am

Pablo.Jiang

This competiton is just a soundbox design competition in China.

About "lucanaris",it`s error,my means is "lacunaris",this word is english word to a dict.I don`t know how to let you understand.sorry!the dict searching result is:

多孔的:lacunaris poriferous porous spongy

Return to projects