HollaH! criticise me...

salü zäme
:smiley:

i study ID in the school for applied science in aarau (switzerland). i’m waiting in the wings for the third semester… mmhh…
take a little give a little… that’s my motto…so I’ll try to help here as best as i can.

as a result of my temporary unemployment i polished up my second school project (small kitchen appliance). why? because of a competition and had time oddly enough… :unamused:

so… i show you my submition files… aim and shoot!

page 1

page2

page3

and here is the old project pdf (be aware, it’s in german!) :wink:

cheers
ff6600

this seems to depend on the Induction Cooktop. what if you’re at work for lunch? and there’s no cooktop? why not make a portable induction surface to go with this?

why these forms? it reminds me of industrial equipment. not consumer products.

thanx for the reply!

a portable cooktop was in the old concept (see pdf). for technical reason it would be to big.

duh… i done an apprenticeship in mechanic… so that could be one of the reasons. :unamused:

so a design with more cheerfulness would be better… mmh… ok some idea/reactions…
another chain (a finer chain) or plastic.

other hook shape… open forms and smoother… like melting chocolate… :slight_smile:

the sticks are ok for me.

I think it’s a neat little idea, which solves the problem of using non-ferrus container on induction cookers. However, like Ykh said, it will be even better if you can design a small compact size induction cooker, which can be excellent for outdoor use like camping. It will also elimate the risk of forest fire. Oh wait, I already did that.

Also, to shoot it in a bad way, how different is this device as compared to say a steel key attached with a string?

Your project also made me think about efficiency. You said this device helps to reduce the waste of water. True, it reduces water wastage through evaporation.

On the other hand, what about wastage in terms of power? The thing about induction cooker is the output does not equate to input. In fact, the out put will always be smaller than the input. What I mean is, the cooker can be putting a constant amount of energy to generate the electromagnetic flux. However, the amount of heat produced is only determined by the surface area of ferrus material that comes in contact with the EM field. So, it doesn’t matter how big or how small your container is, you are still using the same amount of power output.

Therefore, your metal device is small, which means the power efficiency will be low. You will be spending the same amount of money to boil a pot of water and a cup of water. I derived this theory from my highschool physics experience. Correct me if I am wrong pls. Thx.

what? a compact cooktop or burned down the wood? :wink:

sorry, i don’t understand you. :blush:

as i heard, the new generation of induction cooktops detects the size… but i’m not really shure, correct me if wrong…
a friend of mine has a induction cooktop… if a zone is on and no pan is used it switch of the power…

As I understand your design is basically to create a heating element for non-ferrus containers right? So won’t it function the same a a steel key attached by a piece of string?

I did a school project which was a portable induction cooker. Nowhere near perfect cus untimately, it was limited by material and shape.

Induction works by generating a field of EM waves. The rate of change of flux( meaning the cutting action of waves on the ferrus material) will determine the heat generated. Thus, the larger the contact surface area of the material and the wave, the more heat it generates. So your device being small, probably will be pretty inefficient when used on a big cooktop.

Your friend’s induction cooker’s power saving feature is a 0n/off feature. What I was hoping to see is a self power adjusting feature. Best if the cooker can self direct the field to concentrate the waves to a certain area where the container is, thus to achieve max efficiency.

That reminded me of my project. I had 3 zones of field generators to cater for different heating style purposes. This implies that I can chose to use a particular zone according to the size of my pot/pan.

…yes you could use a steel key and a string… doh

as i can see you have more expierences in induction. so i can forget these infos about self directed field size. i just grap that up somewhere…

so… thanx for the help! i learned alot in a few hours! thnx to all!