Re: A Few Thoughts

Postby AndreC » November 29th, 2012, 10:05 pm

AndreC
step two
step two

w i l l wrote:
chevisw wrote:I am more curious on what software you used to obtain my email, and how it was obtained.

I don't use software. Back in my youth when bulk emailing was seen as a lesser crime than rape and murder I would spend my days trawling the internet (usually the core77 listing and designdirectory.co.uk) looking for victims AKA product design agencies to send my portfolio to. However since moving to France the 20-a-day bulk email limits have forced me to utilise newsletter software for the first time. In the process I have been lawless and ignored verification tick boxes stating that my recipients are only from opt-in forms. It also appears that I have managed to send the same email 3 times, maybe more, within 1 minute. I apologise for these actions but near starvation and desparation has forced me to come out of my shell and and connect with the world once again.

Well put.

Postby w i l l » January 11th, 2013, 3:54 pm

w i l l
step three
step three

Added a few more thoughts.

Postby carton » January 12th, 2013, 7:05 pm

carton
full self-realization
full self-realization

I don't know if this is the best (public) place for someone to deal with spam email from a student or recent grad. We've all done our share of unsolicited contact based on scouring the web to find someone at a firm we wished we could work at.
Just some guy, trying to figure it out too.

Postby NURB » January 14th, 2013, 9:06 am

NURB

Hi Will-

For the moment, I'm going to stay out of your email spam conversation, as it appears it was a simple mistake on your part. I certainly hope there wasn't an attempt to gain emails illegally through the forums, but I certainly don't have the ability to see that.

As for this thread, I'm not sure I see the point of you continually bumping it up the list to say you've added something to your personal site. I know you've seen our posting standards we prefer listed before (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23491), so why not incorporate all these thoughts/images into a forum thread and get a real dialog going? Open the discussion to all? I think you'll find you will gain a lot more from that, than trying to pull people away from the site.

That being said, if you continue to only post that you've updated your personal site, this thread will be removed.

Thanks.
Mods.
Chris Haar

twitter:@chrishaar

Those who define design as knowing how to use Illustrator will be condemned to using Illustrator their entire career. - @Mike_FTW

Postby w i l l » January 14th, 2013, 9:15 am

w i l l
step three
step three

What on Earth are you talking about? I've replied/bumped it to mention that I've added new images to this thread... not my site. There is dialogue going... I've replied to any comments. I can't create comments from forum members myself. It's also not my fault if the only dialogue is about Spam emails. I didn't start that. There's no benefit for me to pull anyone away from this forum to a Behance portfolio seeing as most of my work is here anyway.

NURB wrote:Hi Will-

For the moment, I'm going to stay out of your email spam conversation, as it appears it was a simple mistake on your part. I certainly hope there wasn't an attempt to gain emails illegally through the forums, but I certainly don't have the ability to see that.

As for this thread, I'm not sure I see the point of you continually bumping it up the list to say you've added something to your personal site. I know you've seen our posting standards we prefer listed before (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23491), so why not incorporate all these thoughts/images into a forum thread and get a real dialog going? Open the discussion to all? I think you'll find you will gain a lot more from that, than trying to pull people away from the site.

That being said, if you continue to only post that you've updated your personal site, this thread will be removed.

Thanks.
Mods.

Postby NURB » January 14th, 2013, 9:50 am

NURB

Your last 2 posts were simply:

Added a few more thoughts.

Added a few more line renders.

No images, no commentary, nothing. Where are you adding this work?

Even your very first post:
Ongoing spare time thoughts and progress

More at Form-A-Day project

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Form-A-Day/6538421

If you aren't attempting to pull people to your Behance site, then what are you trying to do? That's why I commented...
Chris Haar

Those who define design as knowing how to use Illustrator will be condemned to using Illustrator their entire career. - @Mike_FTW

Postby w i l l » January 14th, 2013, 9:58 am

w i l l
step three
step three

I'm adding the images to the first post. That seems pretty standard to me... that's what we do on another forum.

I only added that link to my site today because I'm making a lot of updates (at least 1 concept a day) and didn't want you to accuse me of bumping the thread each day. I have been careful not to bump the thread, only adding images in bulk then making a reply every few weeks to state that I've added images .

Postby engio » January 14th, 2013, 9:59 am

engio
full self-realization
full self-realization

He adds all the new stuff to the first post.

"Last edited by w i l l on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 60 times in total."

Personally, I dislike the practice because I only look at the last page of the threads I know I've been in before.. but don't care really.

Postby w i l l » January 14th, 2013, 10:05 am

w i l l
step three
step three

Well on the Maxwell forum for example it's standard to update the first post of a gallery or portfolio. The only problem with this thread is that it should probably be in the portfolios section. I only added it here because the images are part of an ongoing project of a form or concept a day, or general daily thoughts.

engio wrote:He adds all the new stuff to the first post.

"Last edited by w i l l on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 60 times in total."

Personally, I dislike the practice because I only look at the last page of the threads I know I've been in before.. but don't care really.

Postby NURB » January 14th, 2013, 10:23 am

NURB

Ok. It's a little odd for this forum, so you can see why there's confusion...

I moved the topic to portfolios.
Chris Haar

Postby nxakt » January 14th, 2013, 10:27 am

nxakt
full self-realization
full self-realization

NURB wrote: It's a little odd for this forum, so you can see why there's confusion...

I moved the topic to portfolios.

+1

Previous

Return to portfolios

©2014 Core77, Inc. All rights reserved
about | contact us | advertise | mailing list