Close

Yo-folio>> Updated

Postby yo » August 12th, 2005, 10:04 am

yo
Administration
Administration

still kind of a work in progress, this is a small, simple sample site I recently put up:

http://michaelditullo.com/
Last edited by yo on July 7th, 2007, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jgabry » August 14th, 2005, 11:47 am

jgabry
step two
step two

...good, clean, simple site YO. GREAT work.

Postby indid » August 16th, 2005, 1:38 pm

indid
step one
step one

hey yo
the website is simple , clean and easy to navigate.
I am a great fan of your work..

but i felt the site too bland ..doesnt have the flare your work has
the sketches are too small to see
may be you could give a lil' project briefs... ya it would be interesting to see the project brief and your approach toward it.
and I wonder why you havent put any of your products in any visual context or reference... a human figure or nature?

Postby yo » August 17th, 2005, 1:27 am

yo
Administration
Administration

Thanks, really good feedback. Litterally slammed this up in like 4 hours total, so it really hasn't been designed at this point. I will def integrate some of the feedback. I like the idea of getting the product shown on people more, which is an obvious oversight.

Postby 93SRV » August 17th, 2005, 10:22 am

93SRV

I have a lot of respect for you man. That site is killer just the way it is.
The content just leaps out.

Postby yo » September 6th, 2005, 11:45 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

Thanks dude. I am thinking about making a few tweaks.... when I get time.... whenever that might be. It's not very pollished but then neither am I and I think it shows what I do.

Postby mbd » September 7th, 2005, 1:14 am

mbd
step one
step one

Nice work! All I can say is that I want to see more of you sketches and thought process. You obviously have decent sketching skill, why not showcase it?

Postby Sunnie_Joe324 » September 23rd, 2005, 2:52 am

Sunnie_Joe324

it's cool..........

Postby yo » October 13th, 2005, 11:49 am

yo
Administration
Administration

updated and added a couple of things... still working on it here and there....

advice.

Postby triplus » October 13th, 2005, 7:24 pm

triplus

Yo, i have great respect for ya man,

BUT your website doesnt cut it for me. I feel you are too much into your designs to distinguish what is crap and what is good. generally it is advised to leave your weaker stuff out of your folio, in this case you should scrub out the whole transportation section of your site, and just stick to shoes.

like what others have said, add someproject descriptions, to me its just all pretty pictures (or not so pretty) so far, and the site looks like something a fresh graduate would produce.

i expect more from you considering you always have somethin to say about others works. Now i think its time u actually got your act together and do something on a more professional level.

Cheers mate, keep it up!!!

Postby cre8tiv1 » October 13th, 2005, 8:34 pm

cre8tiv1
step two
step two

I'm diggin the new shoes Yo. Nice stuff.

:wink:
"You need a place for your peas and carrots". -Victor Schreckengost

Postby bearcat » October 13th, 2005, 10:23 pm

bearcat
step four
step four

Yo, great stuff, as always. You really have an amazing talent for design, and particularly the product stuff! But I gotta agree with the other poster...ditch the auto section...it's not your strong point. (And I understand, you're an employed designer, this website is just a personal side thing...you don't really care what I have to say :D )

I'd love to see a couple of the projects blown out to show more of a process. Sketches, CAD work, fancy CAD renderings, etc. Personally, I'm more intrigued by some of the projects you worked on in you consulting days vs. the shoe stuff, but hey, that's just me.

And If this is a design portfolio site, I'd ditch the personal photo on the intro page...too pretentious for my taste, but again, to each his own

Impressive concepting

Postby RBS » October 21st, 2005, 3:55 pm

RBS

My immediate take on the site is the Apple navigation. Not sur eif I like the obvious appropriation of their menu. The content/drawings are pretty good however.

Postby G-man » October 24th, 2005, 12:14 am

G-man
step one
step one

Oh cool, you linked to Josh Spear's site! He gave a very enthusiastic presentation at the Midwest IDSA conference this year.. had some very nice ideas!

I like the site- I'll have to explore it a bit tomorrow when I should be working!

Postby yo » October 25th, 2005, 12:13 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

Thanks. Updated it this morning, still doing work based on some of your feedback. You might have to refresh your browser a few times to clear the cache.

Got rid of the blatent rip off apple navigation. Added a couple of pics of the shoes on people. Moved the pic of me deeper into the site, off the main page. Added a sketches page, a links page and separated the footwear from the products.

The links on the links page don't work yet and I will be adding more in the products section, as requested. I don't plan on blowing any of the projects out with process, briefs, or methodology, only because this is more of a sample site, with teasers, that stuff is best shown in person I think. Its too in depth to do it justice on a hack, poorly put together site!

http://michaeld2lo.spymac.com/

Anyway, as always, thoughts, comments, feedback....

Go to the Next Page

Return to portfolios