Grad student portfolio feedback request

Thank you for taking the time out to look at it and for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

The intention was to use the first project to show more of the process and the second one to show more polished renders and be a little more presentation heavy, but I guess it doesn’t work that way. I can definitely re-work them both to show more of the process. I have quite a few mock-ups, prototypes and user testing photos I didn’t include.
The Camaro was me trying to pick up some skills and have something to show for the end of it. In hindsight, it wasn’t the best project to begin because, you’re right, it has nothing to do with any of my other work… I just picked a car because I thought the form would be challenging but fun.

I thought the interview went well. I had their attention throughout, I think. There was a moment when they asked me if I was looking to work for a start-up or a larger firm and I think my answer wasn’t quite what they were looking for. That particular internship role might not have worked out because they were also looking for somebody to continue part-time after summer and I was unavailable for that time.

I’m particularly worried because I haven’t had any other call-backs for interviews and I’m not sure if I just need to re-do the portfolio or add more projects or if there’s something I’m missing completely. (One thing that has been pointed out to me, and that I am trying to fix, is my complete lack of skill at networking.)