Recent Grad in "The Funk"

Hi Jesse,

My impression is that you have good ID skills and good ideas, you come across clearly but you need to focus on showing a better selection of your work, and presenting it more professionally.

As for your toys I like how you do your explorations and develop a 3D clay shape as well to aid in thinking out all the details and surfacing solutions. If you are familiar enough with foam and clay modeling, consider investing in a small 3D printer as well. I like most the toys that trigger new ideas, things like making a toy out of a tape dispenser, making a toy out of a clothes peg, making toys out of packaging peanuts. Rather to include children in adult processes and learn the joy of just taking on the responsibilities rather than escaping them is a philosophy that in reality makes more sense.

I also like how you target the millenial demographic but then in another project show a high-end coffee product in a very old-fashioned kitchen so also think about how you want to consistently present yourself as a designer. Then in your numbers on how much people spend on toys I wonder how useful those numbers are if you don’t know who they are spending it for.

Thanks, wish you the best in your career.