Recent Grad Who Would LOVE Some Portfolio Feedback

Hi Nina,

Your portfolio is of decent quality. The renders work but you can improve them in terms of product presentation. For example the hero shot of the clamp does not really communicate much. Your materials work well and overall your presentations are elegant.

Your product ideas are good, I would like to see more exploration so you can move towards truly clever solutions from multiple perspectives.
For example your table for Umbra is nice in form and proportion, but then you are interrupting the work surface and it can be much more clever and fit to the Umbra brand if you integrate smart features towards an expansion of functionality, making it more surprising.

Also I think your dish clamp is an example of a good design project but leaving the concept phase too soon to make a truly clever product.

With the running harness I don’t think you have a product because 1. The market is saturated by other brands 2. Those harnesses have more body core coverage providing what the additional value of such a product is: weatherproofing and 3. Some shirts have retroreflective films on the arm patches which provide more visibility anyway simply because they move much more. Also you need to work on your sewing skills and see to work with more high-tech solutions such as sewfree or seamless construction and other bonding methods if you can.

We can’t really see what you are or where you are going in the design world, but your presentations work.

BTW there is one precious spelling mistake on p.2 of your portfolio.