12 posts • Page 1 of 1
KenoLeon wrote:Love your work, I totally have designer envy.
- I also think that the wix thing is a bit of a distraction.
- The galleries are hard to navigate, the carousel on the sketchbook with the auto timer slide and the unresponsive arrows are not very user friendly, I could go on, but your work comes through.
Before paying wix, check out squarespace it is a cleaner format and for your web design comfort level might be better suited, truth is for the output, purpose , technicality and maintenance costs in time and effort, you might be perfectly fine as you are, just be aware that from a web design/UX/UI point of view it might seem sub par and be an issue if you want to branch out.
JenJaw wrote:This looks great now! The first iteration did look a bit templated and I think this does a much better job of showcasing your work and process. Also the UX is much friendlier and more inviting, moving to Squarespace was a good call.
KenoLeon wrote:Looks great Sophie, I think it is a great improvement, couple of very minor things :
- Top text menu, when there is a non contrasting image underneath it, like on the splash page it is hard to discern what it reads.
- The multiple duplicate menus are a little confusing upon landing, ( after clicking around the sections make sense).
- Might want to add a pdf on the about ( love that page with the books and domos).
Also, have you thought about cutting the middle man and going directly to something like Kickstarter and doing your own games, seems like a natural transition ?
KenoLeon wrote:- Do you mean a .pdf of the info on that page as a takeaway? Or a CV? Or some more info?
KenoLeon wrote:KenoLeon wrote:- Do you mean a .pdf of the info on that page as a takeaway? Or a CV? Or some more info?
I think it should be an introductory page + your CV ( max something like 2 pages),or a mini portfolio, it is redundant but can serve as something a prospective employer or client can download, pass around ( I don't have one myself, just a cv, but it's on my to-do for next site redesign).