I reviewed it like I reviewed when hiring.
- I want to see some ideation sketching. I'd like to see a page of sketches for a knob or a hinge or something that you had to work out on paper how to do.
- Your presentation sketching is really great. Your style seems to suit toys. It has a nice cartoon-y feel, but defining the shape well.
- If you want a research oriented job, you should dismiss what I'm going to say, but you have a little too much research compared to work. I'd like to see the research condensed to 1 page, unless you did something herculean (giant ergonomic study, sat in an ER for a month). As a design manager, I know what design research is, I just need to see enough to know that you know what it is.
- I think I'd start with the toy project. I almost stopped at the first project and that's not a good sign. Maybe it's just me though.
- Graphic design is really good. It's clear and subtle enough to let the work stand out.
"The key to success in this business is to find a boss who doesn't care." - Mike Rowe