The bike guy's ID Portfolio

Thanks for the compliment. I am currently looking for an entry level Designer position or an internship if the location is favorable. As far as industry, I am of the mindset that I will tend to gravitate toward something after working for a few years. I have looked into consultancies as the most likely/ best place to start with the diverse workload. But if the right corporate position became available, I would welcome the opportunity.

I know I have a lot to learn, but I also know that I am good at this design thing. I built my company from the ground up and made myself into a pretty accomplished craftsman. After focusing so intently on bike design for so many years, the solutions I arrived at became intuitive. My goal is to get to that point with ID, understanding that it will take time and focus. My recent decision to earn a grad degree only strengthened my faith that this is the right road for me.

I’ve had people ask me many times what job/ industry I want to work in and I’ve never been sure how to best answer. I’ve felt that maybe not having a strong opinion might show a lack of seriousness or focus, but I am more enamored with finding a good solution and learning good design practices regardless of what the product is.

This job search has been more difficult than I thought it would be. I’m 3 months in and 32 jobs applied for with 2 interviews. I decided to post the work here because the cycle of submitting a portfolio followed by silence has been tough. I feel so fortunate to get to have this conversation about my work on a forum with the eyes and words of so many talented designers. So, thanks.

Curious what you think of all this.