Portfolio Review - David Hotard

Hey Matthew,

I remember meeting you; I’ll definitely check out your thesis!

Thanks for your feedback. I’ve had that debate about the logos; I may try and create a hover state to show a rendering or vice versa. Perhaps the rendering should be the main image for those viewing the website on touch screens. My reasoning for the logos is to display my interest in branding and marketing which I have applied to my projects, but I definitely do see your point.

I agree on the sketches and renderings that you said I am lacking as well. I think I’ve started to realize that now after I’ve had sometime to quit looking at it and come back to it without having the obvious flow of the project ingrained in my mind. I’ll get to work on that to fill in those gaps.

Again, I’ve had that debate over the phone project as well. Do I have an in progress project or an awkward gap on my layout? Haha, I think the answer is just get the phone project up, which should be coming to completion soon.

Agreed on the sketches, maybe it’s a tech school thing. Thanks again for your feedback; I appreciate getting some new eyes on my portfolio. Best of luck to you!