Close

KenoLeon
full self-realization
full self-realization

rkuchinsky wrote:What do you mean about the PDFs as content pages?

I see, it is not apparently obvious ( at least to me) that the content in the Studio Guide PDF is duplicated ( or condensed from) and then served on the landing page. I do love that you have something that a visitor can take away, it's the relationship in between the site and this piece of information that seems somehow muddled, should they be at the same level ? When I click on the download tile I was expecting a download, but then I land on a studio & services Guide... ok, which services ? ( I was expecting something like a bullet list) and while they are down there in tile form, they can't be read on mobile, so now I need to download the PDF. It seems there is more when there it was all the time on the landing page tiles, so this could be confusing.

The other one is the Entrepreneur Concept FAQ, inside the faq section, that PDF could be another page of content.

Again, I think these could be all minor points depending on your use, I do UI/UX & web design, so I tend to focus on these issues.

While we are at it, (after a 2nd & 3rd viewing) the fonts underneath the tile sections could be bigger for my taste, and if the tiles are sections they could be better differentiated (probably just by the graphic).
Eugenio (Keno) Leon
k3no.com Linkedin Instagram

"Go where you are celebrated, not merely tolerated"

rkuchinsky

yo wrote:Richard, I looked at it on desktop.... so old school :-)

I'll fax you a dot matrix print out. :lol:

R
The Directive Collective
http://www.directivecollective.com

rkuchinsky

KenoLeon wrote:
rkuchinsky wrote:What do you mean about the PDFs as content pages?

I see, it is not apparently obvious ( at least to me) that the content in the Studio Guide PDF is duplicated ( or condensed from) and then served on the landing page. I do love that you have something that a visitor can take away, it's the relationship in between the site and this piece of information that seems somehow muddled, should they be at the same level ? When I click on the download tile I was expecting a download, but then I land on a studio & services Guide... ok, which services ? ( I was expecting something like a bullet list) and while they are down there in tile form, they can't be read on mobile, so now I need to download the PDF. It seems there is more when there it was all the time on the landing page tiles, so this could be confusing.

The other one is the Entrepreneur Concept FAQ, inside the faq section, that PDF could be another page of content.

Again, I think these could be all minor points depending on your use, I do UI/UX & web design, so I tend to focus on these issues.

While we are at it, (after a 2nd & 3rd viewing) the fonts underneath the tile sections could be bigger for my taste, and if the tiles are sections they could be better differentiated (probably just by the graphic).

Ah, OK. Points clearer now.

I'll work on that. Agree 100% the "Download" on the tile is a bit confusing. Was meaning to indicate there is a download available inside... I can reword.

On the tile content of the Services Guide, you can actually click on each page to bring it up larger for viewing (also on mobile). Thinking was the tiles on that content page was sorta a preview before you decide you want to download. I may try a different type of gallery instead of the tile such as larger vertical column of images like other pages or a carousel of images. I went away from that as I believe the PDF content is best read as a full screen PDF, and even as a large image on a page, it's not ideal, so better to just show what is the content, then lead to the PDF link.

As said, nothing is really ONLY in the PDF that isn't elsewhere so either you get the PDF and that's all you need or you explore the sight. Not really a fan of the "Portfolio" name, hence the "Studio and Services Guide" title.

What do you mean exactly by " It seems there is more when there it was all the time on the landing page tiles, so this could be confusing." ?

FAQ PDFs I agree could be page contents. Haven't gotten around to that so the FAQ page a downloads of existing PDFs was the quick fix.

Fonts until tiles (and font color) I'm still playing with. My thought was the image is what catches your mind, the title being less important, but more prominent could be good if you are looking for a specific service or content...

R
The Directive Collective

KenoLeon
full self-realization
full self-realization

rkuchinsky wrote: What do you mean exactly by " It seems there is more when there it was all the time on the landing page tiles, so this could be confusing." ?

Both the studio guide pdf and the landing page tile(the first page you see) have a lot of similar information, yet are at the same level of importance, so to me the PDF is equivalent of saying click here for more & different information, and once you click you find out a lot (not all) of the information could have been extracted from the landing page tiles. This could be confusing because if I were to send my assistant on an errand: go to Richards site and tell me precisely what services he offers, he would have to come back with a summary and comparison of both the PDF and the landing page tiles, so it's that extra step of collating information that could be confusing, hope that made some sense, but if not let me know.
Eugenio (Keno) Leon

rkuchinsky

Check it out now. Addressed some of the PDF content concerns and main page font sizes...

R
The Directive Collective

KenoLeon
full self-realization
full self-realization

Yeah, that makes more sense, I think you could also link back to the sections from there.
Eugenio (Keno) Leon

rkuchinsky

KenoLeon wrote:Yeah, that makes more sense, I think you could also link back to the sections from there.

Good idea!
The Directive Collective

rkuchinsky

Ok. Whole bunch of fixing going on!

New content pages (PDFs gone) for the FAQs.
New Contact and About pages.
Linked content from the Studio & Services Guide page.

Added new content on most pages, better tile images.

Created/linked new social media (Follow me!) accounts for Facebook and Instagram.
http://www.facebook.com/directivecollective/
http://www.instagram.com/directivecollective

Comments on content/UI/Layout welcome!

Thanks,
R
The Directive Collective

ralphzoontjens
step four
step four

This is a great website! You evidently have so much expertise and content that this reads more like a website on footwear design than a portfolio.
Some of the sketch and visualization work is very inspiring. I like the variation of content in projects, some more design-related, others go in-depth to give you that peek into the kitchen.

The only comment I have is a bit McLuhanesque in that I like websites most if they are designed for on-screen viewing, rather than treating the screen like a window to pages on a book. I also like PDF's for that reason, the page covers exactly the screen and keeps you focused.
Your logo feels a bit like it is two logos in one and related to DC comics. But maybe I have that association because I work for them. Either as a logo you can make the emblem simpler, consisting of less elements, or you can simplify the text and compose them more together. Typography works fine though complementing the serif for legible text and the logo with a sans for subheadings would make it more interesting. The site is great but not yet up to par with the quality of the design work.
http://www.designsoul.nl
Designsoul - Product Design & Visualisation

Previous

Return to portfolios