Portfolio Case

I am looking to buy a new case to put my pieces in. Mainly they are brochures and booklets. Looking for an internship and as a recent grad I used a large 17x21" black wood case with boards inside. That seems way too big and sort of student-like now, a few years later. I haven’t done this in a while, so I was wondering what sort of presentation is the way to go now. I’d like to keep it compact, but still nicely presented.

I used to go 8 1/2x11 starting out, got too small quickly. Moved to 11x14 portfolio, big enough to see everything clearly, not to big to seem pompous. I love that size, still very easy to carry around without having that neon “ARTIST” sign over your head walking in the streets.

I started with 14 X 17. Switched to 8.5 x 11. Went back to 14 x 17. Personally 11 x 14. You don’t want to show several pages of your work (like brochures) on several pages. Page flipping can get annoying.

Thanks for the tips. Any particular place to buy a good case? Online or elsewhere? And are sheets better to use than boards?

www.fastportfolio.com

They generally have some good cases at decent prices.

Check it out.

I use a simple black A3 folio. Zip close.

All my work is generally A3, or web based so i make up A3 sheets for everything. Printing on a High quality Satin finish really gives the items a great quality and it’s worth the cost.

I have over 24 pages in my portfolio. Cost about £130 to print and the folio cost about £20.

Buy the best portfolio you can afford. Don’t get something too trendy. I’m still using the case I bought in 1983… and get compliments on ti all the time. Granted I have had to replace the plastic sheets.

Buy the best portfolio you can afford. Don’t get something too trendy. I’m still using the case I bought in 1983… and get compliments on ti all the time. Granted I have had to replace the plastic sheets.