Recent Grad Portfolio Critique

Agreed with Ralph’s overall view. Nice work, well executed, cleanly presented.

I disagree on the ordering. I thought the inhaler was a strong start and the cropped image got my attention.

The skateboard camera handle was actually probably my least favorite of the bunch. I didn’t quite get the benefit, seemed complicated, and the form transitions from the tubular handle to the pill shaped element could be handled in a more sophisticated way. I think it is fine for a middle project, but I wouldn’t lead with it.

If I were to recommend an additional project it would be something that steps out a little more and i a bit crazy/memorable/conceptual. The work is very mature (in a good way) but something a little spicy and unexpected could add some flavor.

Again, solid work. In my view this would get you some interviews. I would interview you. Also, really appreciated the folded cardboard table. What I get from that is not only the design, but the ability to work out and execute details with craftsmanship. I look for things like that because attention to detail is so important.