Every time I see this I want to scream

I can’t even.
Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 2.23.03 PM.png

What browser are you using?

This is how it looks on my computer.
Capture.PNG

Kind of awkward formatting. It looks like if you have your browser scaling set higher than 100% it wraps to the second line which makes it look even weirder.

That’s a result of scalable web design. Slide the edge of your browser window over to shrink the size of the page and watch what happens to that menu. Doesn’t even matter what percentage you’re zoom is set at.

[ Deleted ]

Yeah, there’s probably some rule someone forgot.

What bugs me more, though, is the fact I can’t click on the big bold header text to get back to the Board Index. It’s underlined too, so it looks like a link.
Capture.PNG

me too.

Try it now :slight_smile:

Awesome. Thanks for enabling that to be a link.

Hi - we changed the order of the items in that nav box, which should prevent that gap from appearing. The issue is more due to the length of the words in there than in a missing rule or style. Hopefully this keeps the screaming to a minimum.

See guys, squeaky wheel gets the grease. Thanks Admins!!

awe nice. Another win for community involvement :slight_smile:

Now how about some left justification on that type guys? Designing for designers must totally suck :slight_smile:
Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 10.11.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 10.11.05 AM.png

Thanks. Very much appreciated.

I have no control over the main menu on the main core site, but it bothers me as well.

The way those nav blocks work is that each item is floated left, with a right margin of 30px. This way the whole thing is fluid, as the width of those bounding boxes change depending on the overall width of the browser window.

We could put all the choices in a single column, like this:
Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 12.46.57 PM.png
Not sure if that is any better? We’re considering some changes to that whole nav section up there now, so maybe this thread will resolve itself soon enough.

I think all in a row like you have shown is much better. Much easier to read and use.

I hate to throw the word crowdsourcing out there, but this is a pretty good example of using the designers on the forum to help make improvements! :slight_smile: