Close

Core77 Marketplace

Postby mrtwills » September 5th, 2011, 11:42 am

mrtwills
full self-realization
full self-realization

So I was thinking it might be interesting to have a core77 users marketplace where they can put things up for sale. I'm sure there are lots of people on this forum that have a nice collection of things they are maybe looking to sell (I'm talking to you rkuchinsky). But maybe also you upgraded to something and need to sell the older one, or your wife tells you it's her or that wagon wheel coffee table
Here you have your core (pun intended) group of buyers already. Maybe it's an add on to the Hand Eye Supply store.

Re: Core77 Marketplace

Postby rkuchinsky » September 5th, 2011, 12:44 pm

rkuchinsky

We did talk about this once before. It was pretty much decided that there are other outlets for this (ie. in studio boards, craigslist, kijiji, ebay, etc.) and that it would be more difficult to police (ie. spam) than it would be beneficial.

Most people looking to buy/sell would be students so a local in-studio place would be a better place. For others, given core is international, it is not that useful most likely.

R
The Directive Collective
http://www.directivecollective.com

Postby Michael » September 5th, 2011, 2:51 pm

Michael
step two
step two

Maybe somebody else can back me up on this, but didn't the boards have a "for sale" area on them many years ago? Late 90's? I can vaguely remember it when I first started to read Core77 in College. Anyway, I've often wondered why it was discontinued. Seems like a good idea.
"There can be no progress without deviation" -Zappa

"In kindergarten they told me to color inside the lines. In design school the told me to think outside the box" -Schobel

Postby rkuchinsky » September 5th, 2011, 2:59 pm

rkuchinsky

Probably discontinued for the same reasons. Filled with spam. We get enough if it as it is. Trust me.

R
The Directive Collective

Postby cjs33139 » October 15th, 2011, 12:41 pm

cjs33139
step four
step four

rkuchinsky,

Good afternoon,

I was wondering, if it was against Core77 policy to advertise stuff for sale anyway, even if there isn't a "core77 marketplace" area? Like if I created a thread and included a link to my Ebay listing? I was looking to sell some instructional DVD's for rendering/sketching, that I no longer need and I feel I can certainly get iD students on here who would certainly be interested in purchasing them and it would benefit them and me! :) If not, I will understand.

Thanks!

Postby rkuchinsky » October 15th, 2011, 2:08 pm

rkuchinsky

cjs33139 wrote:rkuchinsky,

Good afternoon,

I was wondering, if it was against Core77 policy to advertise stuff for sale anyway, even if there isn't a "core77 marketplace" area? Like if I created a thread and included a link to my Ebay listing? I was looking to sell some instructional DVD's for rendering/sketching, that I no longer need and I feel I can certainly get iD students on here who would certainly be interested in purchasing them and it would benefit them and me! :) If not, I will understand.

Thanks!

As per the posting guidelines there are no commercial posts. I understand that you might have something others may be interested in, but we need to be strict in the policy otherwise we'll get tons of posts for spam selling things and there's no easy way to say what's OK to sell and what isn't.

R
The Directive Collective

Postby cjs33139 » October 15th, 2011, 4:52 pm

cjs33139
step four
step four

Ok, thank you.

Return to core77 site feedback