Re: the NEW Coroflot >>>Submit Feedback Here.

Postby Mr-914 » October 19th, 2012, 1:49 pm

Mr-914

Browsed earlier, now I'm trying to use it. Is that a way I can get ONLY people that LIVE in Montreal? I use "Montreal" in the search and the fourth hit is a guy in Chicago and it gets worse from there on down.

Also, it would be nice to filter "freelance" from resumes. I want to find just freelancers in Montreal and it seems like it will be a task for me.
Ray Jepson

"L'homme n'est rien. L'œuvre c'est tout." Gustave Flaubert

Postby Robbie_roy » January 25th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Robbie_roy
step four
step four

Just an idea, what if the side scrolling of "Coro Classic" and the up / down scrolling of "The Descender" could be combined into a new display option that could do both at the same time?

I could see this working for longer projects where someone viewing might want to skip to a certain section.

Overall, I agree that the new Coro is very nice.
Attachments
slides.jpg
slides.jpg (21.38 KiB) Viewed 6414 times

Postby Cameron » August 5th, 2013, 11:54 pm

Cameron
full self-realization
full self-realization

Props on the Coroflot update. Looks really nice. Love the modular thumbnail option and linkedin importing! I wonder how good LinkedIn talks to Coroflot on their end now that they have external image linking.
http://cargocollective.com/cameron-nielsen
http://www.linkedin.com/in/cameronnielsen
"there is an inherent intelligence to beauty" - Dori Tunstall

Postby choto » December 11th, 2013, 10:36 pm

choto

I will preface this by saying that I love Coroflot. It along with these boards is probably the main reason why I'm not currently working as a suicidal patent attorney; so this all comes from a place of love and wanting to see Coroflot remain the go to place for creative work.

After more than a year of using the update, I'm missing the old Coroflot more and more each day. Not for the old clunky UI or slow navigation style, but for the lively community that I think was created with the "likey" button.

The likey button was awesome because it was essentially pinterest before pinterest existed! Often times I'm not a fan of a whole project, but there might be a prototyping photo, sketch model, or smoking hot render that I would love to give props to and share with the people that follow me... but 9 times out of 10 I don't because I just don't like the whole project enough to hit favorite.

At first I felt like this was just me being too picky, but after a year of logging in to see a relatively dead news feed I feel like maybe it's not just me.

I've found myself visiting Coroflot way less since the update. I went from twice daily visits, to maybe biweekly or less. Now when I log in my feed always seems to have the same 2 or 3 thumbnails repeated over and over again like this.

Coroflot news feed.JPG

Which is usually about the time I log out and head to my Behance news feed which reminds me of what Coroflot used to feel like in terms of fresh new content to explore

behance.JPG

I really do like the look of the update and the improved UI; but I feel like something significant happened to the user base/community after the update. Maybe it's more than just the removal of the "likey" button; but these are just my thoughts after a year of hoping to see a turn around.

I have found myself using Pinterest and Behance more to find new and old ID related work, and I'd love to return those duties back to Coroflot.

Postby yo » December 12th, 2013, 11:36 am

yo
Administration
Administration

agreed. Almost never go there anymore. It felt more casual and fun before.

Postby core77admin » December 13th, 2013, 9:05 am

core77admin
step three
step three

Totally agree here. We've talked about how to best implement favorite/like actions on individual images. Since all actions currently role up to the project level, the result is the same project thumbnail appearing in the activity feed regardless of what action is taking place.

The team is currently deep into a different project but we'll try to make some cycles available to address this.

Postby choto » December 31st, 2013, 12:52 pm

choto

Glad to hear the C77 staff is thinking about this, hoping for a great 2014 for Coroflot!

Postby Robbie_roy » January 16th, 2014, 2:25 am

Robbie_roy
step four
step four

How hard would it be to implement an option for the style seamless image scrolling that has popped up in the last couple of years?

Here is an example on the Jawbone site:
https://jawbone.com/up

I'm sure many users will not want this option, as it could get very confusing if your work is not formatted to it, but I can see it being nice too.

Previous

Return to core77 site feedback

©2014 Core77, Inc. All rights reserved
about | contact us | advertise | mailing list