Close

Re: What if Global Warming is a Red Herring?

Postby nunoCR » December 2nd, 2009, 10:46 am

nunoCR
step two
step two

The Zeitgeist Movement
the best things in life are not things.

Postby NURB » December 4th, 2009, 12:56 pm

NURB

Chris Haar

twitter:@chrishaar

Those who define design as knowing how to use Illustrator will be condemned to using Illustrator their entire career. - @monteiro

Postby mgnt8 » December 4th, 2009, 2:04 pm

mgnt8
step four
step four

Supposedly the "trick" they refer to wasn't a standard scientific procedure, but an attempt to hide key data which would refute the validity of their global warming climate model, which is popularly referred to as the "hockey stick".

http://www.climateaudit.org/?p=7810

The "trick" is reconciling tree ring data with temperature readings, which seemed to diverge at the time when the world was supposed to be warming. Apparently, these scientists actually believed that global warming affects modern trees in such a radical way that modern trees become no longer affected by global warming?

Postby MelissaM114 » October 12th, 2010, 9:30 am

MelissaM114

Regardless if whether or not Global Warming exist we should continue to do everything we can to recycle reduce and reuse. Not only is it better for the environment but it also results in more cash in our pockets. Going green is the new FAD and I think it's important to embrace the possibilities instead of mock it. I'm not saying that i think Global Warming is going to destroy us in our life time, but scientist can prove that the world is changing. It's the small tiny steps that people take that help make a big difference. I know that some people might think that there collection of trash won't make a difference but it does. Think of it in this perspective. I live in a state that has a bottle deposit on all sodas. I have to pay that deposit at first but if i take the time to take my cans back and recycle them they will refund that deposit. Instead of just throwing my cans away and losing money I'm getting back some of what I had to spend. I know a lot of people would disagree with me but I think that all states should have a bottle deposit. I even think that bottled water should have a deposit even though i think bottle water is expensive enough. I feel that having a deposit on such items is a good incentive to encourage recycling.

Previous

Return to designer's accord and green design