Close

Postby zippyflounder » August 31st, 2007, 4:10 pm


zippyflounder
full self-realization
full self-realization
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: July 1st, 2007, 11:27 am
chungdha wrote:Where you get that stat from?
A healthy human can produce about 1.2 hp briefly and sustain about 0.1 hp indefinitely, and trained athletes can manage up to about 0.3 horsepower for a period of several hours.

Indefinitely doesn't mean 1 hour.

1hp = 746w.

You need to get the stats correct.

How dare you use such a high power drain lamp. Use CFL bulbs or Led lamps that use much less power and longer lifespan.
the .1 is hardly "indefiently" more like a hour or so and as ex driector of r and d at precore fittness I know what the average useage of that stuff is, 20 min. 900 W power output of a healthy human (non-athlete) averaged over the first 6seconds of a 30second cycle sprint... 6 SECONDS. If you want to get pissy its 745.7 watt per hp.

Lastly chum here is a bit by royce (phd mech engineer at princton) Take, for example, the sweaty stationary biking session. Royce wanted to give the students a physical sense of how little power they have available to propel any kind of vehicle. He hooked a bicycle to a computer that displayed the rider's power output in watts, a measurement of how much energy is produced per second. Each of the seven students took a 10-minute turn. Some created spikes of more than 500 watts, but most could produce a sustained output of only 200 watts, which is equivalent to the power consumed by two 100-watt light bulbs. So you might get 200 watts per 10 min session or 275 watts for 20 min if your folk are all healthy collage kids, not over weight middle age people.

Postby chungdha » September 1st, 2007, 11:00 am


chungdha
step three
step three
 
Posts: 110
Joined: August 24th, 2007, 2:19 pm
For fitness there are more healthy athletes there keeping there body in shape and less people who are overweight. Spinning session you got about 10 or more bikes with professional cyclist making mayor amount of power.

Plus I dont think you can use BHP to calculate the amount of energy that is produced. Cause the spinning or training cycles got gears to change the difficulty of the training and also change the speed that the wheel/dynamo spins.

If there are gear that change the movement for higher speed that makes more cycles are turned in the dynamo and so more energy is produced. And a self-excitation dynamo can produce more energy then a normal bicycle dynamo cause it use a magnetic coil that can produce higher magnetism then a normal piece of magnet.

So there more factors that need to keep in mind to produce energy.

Simple bhp to watts got nothing to do with this. You can't calculate these things that simple.
ImageImage

Postby zippyflounder » September 1st, 2007, 12:54 pm


zippyflounder
full self-realization
full self-realization
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: July 1st, 2007, 11:27 am
chungdha wrote:For fitness there are more healthy athletes there keeping there body in shape and less people who are overweight. Spinning session you got about 10 or more bikes with professional cyclist making mayor amount of power.

Plus I dont think you can use BHP to calculate the amount of energy that is produced. Cause the spinning or training cycles got gears to change the difficulty of the training and also change the speed that the wheel/dynamo spins.

If there are gear that change the movement for higher speed that makes more cycles are turned in the dynamo and so more energy is produced. And a self-excitation dynamo can produce more energy then a normal bicycle dynamo cause it use a magnetic coil that can produce higher magnetism then a normal piece of magnet.

So there more factors that need to keep in mind to produce energy.

Simple bhp to watts got nothing to do with this. You can't calculate these things that simple.


hp,ergs,newtons,watts are all expressions of power so yes you can calculate these things with ease.

the 200 watts as expressed in a test is the amount of power that the subject produced...period, gears on the output if anything because of frictional losses reduce actual system power (ever see gearing on a dyno or a water turbine, or any power producing system...no the reason is that gearing no matter how efficent consumes some power though friction).

Gearing is used in vechiles to optimise a power source (motor) output curve to the requirmens or demans of the vechiles operating enviorment a narrow power band motor like a diesle (500-2500 rpm) will have more gears to match its output to the operating enviorment (empty, loaded, flat ground, hills, high/low speeds). A motor with a wider power output (gas) (500-8000 rpm) will need fewer, however for max effiencty such in a raceing car multiple gears are also used to remain in the peak power band.

A human is like a diesle, the cyclic rate or cadence of the legs is quite narrow and so mulitple gear sets are used to maximize the vechiles range of speeds and conditions. The use of gears in "spinning classes" is part a mind game and part it puts a vairialbe low level aerodynamic load on the wheel.

The use of rare earth magnets in your genarator mayl allow you to harvest a higher % of imput power, dont create any more. The higher field strenght and power generation is somewhat offeste by the higher induced magnetic drag (see magnetic brake). This whole thing is called TANSTFAAL"...THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH..check newtons laws.

Your room full of spinners, you have 30 of them all in super good shape and the session is 1 hour you are going to see a total output of less than 6,000 watts how much less is because they for that full hour you are expecting/demanding that they all produce 100% output a full gut buring max effort and that dont happen. Imagine running up a hill as hard as you can being chased by wolves for 1 hour, your going to start out fast (200 watts) and by the time that 59 min is up your at a crawl (20 watts) because of lactic acid build up etc. This is a prime example of why ID's should at least study some engineering so they dont look like fools to others.

Postby chungdha » September 1st, 2007, 4:01 pm


chungdha
step three
step three
 
Posts: 110
Joined: August 24th, 2007, 2:19 pm
Sport facts. Heart rate monitor for sports. People can only work there heart on 100% briefly. 70% of the max heart rate people can workout 1 hour or more.

So 70% of the maximum power that a human is what a human can produce in a hour or more. Maximum output of a human is 1.2hp for a brief moment. But this calculation don't ad up you get 0.86something hp out and that should be 70% of your max hp.

Don't want to do whole math.

A reasonably fit person can expect to maintain between 0.1 and 0.15 HP for a 4-hour period. Elite persons (professional sporters) can produce 0.4 HP for serveral hours.

Also fact about human horse power are wierd stuff. Some things dont even ad up. Plus human are all different there not all the same. The facts and stat should have change by now.

And human legs can do 2 things high speed or strenght. I can cycle high rpm to produce a higherspeed on a low gear. Or lower rpm on a high gear to produce highspeed. A real cyclist use low gear high rpm cause it use less engery to produce higher speed. And a non cyclist don't know this.

I cycle each day and see people thinking on using the highest gear to go faster while i use low gear and past them easily. I am amateur cyclist do very little competitions and am member of a cycling team. Spinning mostly train to produce higher and better rpm.

Somethings else.
Not rare earth magnets, a electric coil that becomes the magnet. A coil where electricity goes thru that produce a magnetic field. Siemens invention the self-exciting dynamo. Hand driven to let a light bulb glow.
It produce more electricity then a normal earth magnet dynamo do, cause the electric coil magnet can produce a stronger magnetic field.
ImageImage

Postby zippyflounder » September 2nd, 2007, 12:18 pm


zippyflounder
full self-realization
full self-realization
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: July 1st, 2007, 11:27 am
chungdha wrote:Sport facts. Heart rate monitor for sports. People can only work there heart on 100% briefly. 70% of the max heart rate people can workout 1 hour or more.

So 70% of the maximum power that a human is what a human can produce in a hour or more. Maximum output of a human is 1.2hp for a brief moment. But this calculation don't ad up you get 0.86something hp out and that should be 70% of your max hp.

Don't want to do whole math.

A reasonably fit person can expect to maintain between 0.1 and 0.15 HP for a 4-hour period. Elite persons (professional sporters) can produce 0.4 HP for serveral hours.

Also fact about human horse power are wierd stuff. Some things dont even ad up. Plus human are all different there not all the same. The facts and stat should have change by now.

And human legs can do 2 things high speed or strenght. I can cycle high rpm to produce a higherspeed on a low gear. Or lower rpm on a high gear to produce highspeed. A real cyclist use low gear high rpm cause it use less engery to produce higher speed. And a non cyclist don't know this.

I cycle each day and see people thinking on using the highest gear to go faster while i use low gear and past them easily. I am amateur cyclist do very little competitions and am member of a cycling team. Spinning mostly train to produce higher and better rpm.

Somethings else.
Not rare earth magnets, a electric coil that becomes the magnet. A coil where electricity goes thru that produce a magnetic field. Siemens invention the self-exciting dynamo. Hand driven to let a light bulb glow.
It produce more electricity then a normal earth magnet dynamo do, cause the electric coil magnet can produce a stronger magnetic field.


You dont want to do the math so the point is moot, you dont want to take my years of experiance and knowlage in the field so that is moot too. You cycle..goodie, i used to design them and not just the look of the thing but its biomechanics. You throw out a bunch of numbskull numbers with out atribution to support your theory, well kid they dont wash. Your "reasonalby fit person" model is optimistc as the oringinal proposal was to havest the energy from a bunch of fitness equipment to power a building, not remembering the real duty cycle of your power plant whom are not like gally slaves tied to the excercycle for 4 hours, they do thier work out and leave and statisticly thats 20 min. I know that old nasty math thing again. As to human power being "wierd" its not, its well understood ask any pro trainer. Using heart rate is stupid, your fogetting latic acid build up but hey you have your mind made, and thats ok, so quit yammering about it, spend your own money and prototype a system. When you have prototyped your system send me the data and prove me wrong, becuase kid you will do the math when your money is on the line, not just some cloud kookoo wishful thinking.

happy perpetual motioning.

Postby chungdha » September 2nd, 2007, 6:53 pm


chungdha
step three
step three
 
Posts: 110
Joined: August 24th, 2007, 2:19 pm
But human data isnt a stat that stays the same for years. Look as general number of body mass, lenght , fitness, strenght and all sort of others.

I got high grade maths, biology and for science. So I know the formula. But as someone who sport and see some stats and numbers that arent correct. Cause heart measurement give fact about how much work your producing.

A heart rate monitor is kind of rpm counter. You work harder and more blood need to be transferred to your muscles, so your heart pomps and beats faster.

Healthy male got max heartate of 200 bpm(beat per minute) this is a heart working 100%. With a rest heartbeat of 60bmp.
And 100% bhp of a normal person is 1.2bhp.

Normal stats say 0.1 - 0.15 bhp workout a normal human can hold out about 4 hours.

Let say down the middle and say 0.12 and say its 10% of 1.2bhp

Karvon formula for sporters. Intensity % of (max heartrate - rest heartrate + rest heart rate = heartrate use

(0.1x140)+60=
14+60 = 74bmp. Like just by getting angry at someone you get your heart rate higher than that . Much be a lazy mans workout then would be walking really slow not to work my heart to go any faster than that.

So what is wrong with this calculation? 1.2bhp is not correct cause it much too high. 0.1 to 0.15 is not a workout bhp but what you can be using whole day?, still not found perfectly what is stand for how fast you be going by foot or how fast your cycling.
ImageImage

Postby zippyflounder » September 2nd, 2007, 7:35 pm


zippyflounder
full self-realization
full self-realization
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: July 1st, 2007, 11:27 am
chungdha wrote:But human data isnt a stat that stays the same for years. Look as general number of body mass, lenght , fitness, strenght and all sort of others.

I got high grade maths, biology and for science. So I know the formula. But as someone who sport and see some stats and numbers that arent correct. Cause heart measurement give fact about how much work your producing.

A heart rate monitor is kind of rpm counter. You work harder and more blood need to be transferred to your muscles, so your heart pomps and beats faster.

Healthy male got max heartate of 200 bpm(beat per minute) this is a heart working 100%. With a rest heartbeat of 60bmp.
And 100% bhp of a normal person is 1.2bhp.

Normal stats say 0.1 - 0.15 bhp workout a normal human can hold out about 4 hours.

Let say down the middle and say 0.12 and say its 10% of 1.2bhp

Karvon formula for sporters. Intensity % of (max heartrate - rest heartrate + rest heart rate = heartrate use

(0.1x140)+60=
14+60 = 74bmp. Like just by getting angry at someone you get your heart rate higher than that . Much be a lazy mans workout then would be walking really slow not to work my heart to go any faster than that.

So what is wrong with this calculation? 1.2bhp is not correct cause it much too high. 0.1 to 0.15 is not a workout bhp but what you can be using whole day?, still not found perfectly what is stand for how fast you be going by foot or how fast your cycling.
look at the princton experimental evidnce or look up Dr. Ed Burk' detailed data. In the end, you think your right, put your cash behind the your opinion and show us.

Postby silentstar » September 2nd, 2007, 9:36 pm


silentstar
step two
step two
 
Posts: 92
Joined: April 4th, 2007, 8:00 pm
Forget playgrounds. How often do you see playgrounds that are empty? Quite often. You've already mentioned it. Gyms! Your ccck measuring contest aside, If I can power a flashlight by shaking it or a radio by by twisting a lever, should there be a way for a whole gym full of sweaty people be able to produce enough energy to power the building it is in (or least the lighting in it)? Have you ever taken a spinning class? You'd be amazed at the consistently high heart rate some people are able to keep. So what if it is "only" able to provide enough energy to offset its own footprint. That is huge! A carbon neutral gym. Brilliant.

Postby zippyflounder » September 2nd, 2007, 9:56 pm


zippyflounder
full self-realization
full self-realization
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: July 1st, 2007, 11:27 am
silentstar wrote:Forget playgrounds. How often do you see playgrounds that are empty? Quite often. You've already mentioned it. Gyms! Your ccck measuring contest aside, If I can power a flashlight by shaking it or a radio by by twisting a lever, should there be a way for a whole gym full of sweaty people be able to produce enough energy to power the building it is in (or least the lighting in it)? Have you ever taken a spinning class? You'd be amazed at the consistently high heart rate some people are able to keep. So what if it is "only" able to provide enough energy to offset its own footprint. That is huge! A carbon neutral gym. Brilliant.


Its not carbon netural, you have to mfg the gen sets and that takes energy and materials. Do the math, humans are just a piss poor power source. If I was a Precore still, some silly marketing dude would come in and suggest this, we would show the math and then comprimise it as a "sales" point in that it could (with the added cost and very profitable adaptors of course) your cellphone, laptop, Ipod or what not and it would sell. Is it a solution, nope its just a gimmic and not even very green at that. Your supposed to think total cycle to be green not just "cute". Want to make a real difference get the silly shits out of their spinning class and bike commuting twice a week instead, then you would see some value as far as green goes.

to quote P.J.O'Rourke,"The college idealists who fill the ranks of the environmental movement seem willing to do absolutely anything to save the biosphere, except take science courses and learn something about it"

Re: Free energy from the playground

Postby latinedi » October 2nd, 2010, 12:05 pm


latinedi
 
Posts: 1
Joined: October 2nd, 2010, 8:37 am
So it means that the playground looks new again after the renovation. You should at least do something to make the children like the place. It is better to put something like putting more toys and structures for playing.

Re: "Green" Playgrounds

Postby SPD » April 6th, 2013, 10:41 pm


SPD
 
Posts: 13
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 6:27 am
[

Previous

Return to designer's accord and green design