Google UX design certificate VS Interaction Design graduate study

Cyberdemon and slippyfish makes relevant points here. To be able to see the blending and cross fertilization of both UX/UI and the hardware side of a project in your portfolio is indeed the new acid test for PD portfolios in the 21st century.

I’m currently writing a job description for a designer that can do the kind of detail 3D CAD necessary to iterate physical prototypes (and document changes) as well as have the skills to take a design brief and take it to wire-frames in InVision and then work directly with the developer to execute the UX/UI experience. The friction I am seeing comes with pushing trends like Neumorphism against the Developer’s propensity to be lazy and over rely on icon libraries to create workable user experiences that are unique from the heavily entrenched user perspective.

Unique,creative and usable design concepts reside in the blending of these disciplines, not in the isolation of one separated from the others in a portfolio. Show me the sweat and genius created by forging these 3 disciplines (Industrial Design, Product Design, UX/UI) together = the full stack product designer of the 21st century. The ability to move back and forth quickly between the work shop, the CAD lab and the meeting space in a span of just a few hours is what I need in a designer.