My son has been accepted to several ID schools and now he has narrowed down to the final two.: Pratt vs Cincinnati. We went on a tour at Cincinnati DAAP and were impressed with the program. However my son felt that the students did not look happy there. My son is leaning towards Pratt because it is in New York and has a good reputation. We live in San Francisco so he is used to the city lifestyle. We have not toured Pratt and now it may be too late to tour before the deadline. I have heard a lot of good things about DAAP but I am not able to find any recent comments on Pratt. Most of them are pretty dated except for ranking from DI.
Can someone tell me about the quality of work coming out from Pratt graduates?
Any Pratt recent graduates or students out there?
1. Can you tell me if the faculty members provide great help and constructive critiques on your portfolio?
2. I've read that the teachers are good there but the administration is not (again old posts so not sure if this is the case now).
3. Is it easy to get summer internships?
4. % of grads getting jobs right away and % grads stay in ID field
5. Is it true Pratt has 80% female to 20% male ratio? How is ID?
Personally I would like him to stay in an university setting just in case he changes his mind but I think my son is pretty sure that's what he wants. He did an internship at a design firm during summer and he loved every aspect that came with the job.
Any input is valuable information. You can take tuition cost out of the equation. They end up about the same with scholarship.Thank you!