Advice Podcast for Design Students

Hey all,

Just wanted to promote a podcast me and my friend Aaron Mendoza are doing. We are senior ID undergrads at SCAD. We would love to hear your feedback or questions about our podcast.

Thanks!

Nicholas Baker

Cool stuff Nick! Looking forward to following along.

Listening to the first episode, it’s fun so far…

Hey Nick

I listen to a lot of podcasts and I’m digging this so far, it’s nice to hear some of the banter and opinions on topics of the day effecting design and the world. It is also nice that you guys are self-aware and when you start to get a little ahead of your own base of knowledge you generally call yourselves out.

I thought it was funny at the end of the 3rd podcast when you mention getting guests and then you start talking about people from other majors…I laughed out loud and said, “aim high guys!” I just think it’s funny how often when we are doing things we don’t see how big a net we’ve casted. While some of your fellow students may indeed be future leaders, there is no reason not to start reaching out to current leaders. Take advantage of visiting lecturers, professors, alumni, and the members of forums you may frequent.

btw
try not to use jargon, what is a “COC?” :wink:

best
r*

Hey R,

I really appreciate your feedback! Thank you so much for giving it a listen. You have some great advice. It would be awesome to get some “big” people on the show.

Best,
Nick

Hello Everyone!

Thank you for all the feedback!

-A