Any SCAD alumni?

Thanks for the reply! Everyone here and this site itself has been super helpful so far! Congratulations on finishing!
I was a bit concerned about the ROI and that was one major thing that was making me weary. I noted a bit about my situation an I’m not trying to make a rash decision about which school I choose but I do hear positive feedback about SCAD. One thing that I do hear and that is true with any college is that you have to push yourself. I don’t see myself having a problem with this because in my downtime, I have been sketching and even fabricating furniture (like one chair made out of plywood with zip ties but it’s still a chair :wink: ) and I have NO experience in woodworking but I want to make sure that I want to invest my time and money in this field and I’ve realized that it’s something I am called to do.

So far it’s between SCAD and Humber College in Toronto. Based on price alone, Canadian schools are much less expensive but I have yet to look at their accreditation however I do believe Humber is accredited. You answered my question about co-ops and internships because I was probing into whether or not this school has you working along side companies before you graduate. This is a key factor for me. I’m going on a site visit in three weeks to Humber and then I’ll go visit SCAD some time in October and then I’ll make my decision. You both sound like you had positive experiences there and are well prepared and that’s a great thing to hear! Thank you for replying!

And thank you CRVaughan for your congratulations! It was a pretty awesome feeling!