Did the RCA lost reputation in the last years?

Hi all,

I’ve got the admission to RCA Design Products, but now a couple of people told me, that the reputation has decreased within the scene in the last years and recommended the CSM rather than the RCA. In their opinion the RCA is not worth its fees.
Does anybody confirm?

Happy about every comment!

I’m not sure if the reputation has decreased but to be honest you should not be choosing your MA based on that. You need to choose it based on what you are going to get out of it and what you are going to learn. Having the name of a good school behind you will honestly only get you so far…

I graduated last year from CSM and one of my peers who was outstanding didn’t get offered a place at the RCA so maybe you are actually better than you think!

However the new Kings Cross campus has given CSM such a breath of fresh air and screams better teaching standards. Also the course director who was my old director on BA Product is an incredibly smart fellow. I suggest speaking to current students of both courses to find your answers as a lot of members here seem to be from the States.

Thanks _iamdave for your answer.

Of course the reputation isn’t the main point for choosing an uniersity and there are a lot of more important aspects. However, it is very difficult getting good insight in every MA I’m interested in and to decide which MA suit me best. And I want to avoid paying a lot of money for a MA with a critical reputation.

HI THERE, Rocky!

I am in the same position as you were 3 years ago :slight_smile:
Can I ask you what college did you opt for in the end and why?
How is it going?

Best wishes,
LBL