Am I fit to do industrial design?

I didn’t realize how old a thread this was but, i’ll chime in. Hopefully for anyone else pondering entering design school at an “older” age i can be of so some help. I’m a 28yr old first year Cleveland Institute of Art student starting classes in less than 6 weeks. I was deathly worried about age hindering my success but those feelings are long gone. Don’t get caught up in getting into the “perfect” school or being the “perfect” age or starting at the “perfect” time. There is no perfect school or a perfect age/time to start a career in design or any endeavor in life for that matter. I’ve heard of numerous older students doing very well for themselves in product and Trans design. If the looming hardship you may face due to the perceived value you put on age as a determinant to your success is the main issue for you not following or doing what you want, then you need to step back and reassess if you have what it takes to succeed in general. No matter where you are in life there will always be some looming hardship, some unforeseen risk.